Melinda Emerson is a small business expert. She’s so good at it, she’s actually known as the SmallBizLady. She has forged the way for social media marketing and Forbes Magazine crowned her as the #1 woman to follow on Twitter. On the platform, she hosts a weekly live chat, appropriately named #Smallbizchat. She invites guests and together, they answer any small biz questions that followers might have. In a recent interview with Teanna Ross, CEO of Kreative Eye, they shared six tips for creating an unforgettable brand experience.
1. Know your customer - Figure out how they are, what they like, what their needs are and how you can help them.
2. Connect emotionally - After figuring out who your customer is, authentically connect with them in a real way.
3. Empower and engage - Make sure every interaction leaves a positive, lasting impression.
4. Keep your brand promise - Say what you mean, and do what you say. Deliver that promise!
5. Have fun - Your customers are human too. It is possible to be professional and still have fun. Customers love brands they can relate to.
6. Listen more than you talk - The more you listen, the more you learn!
Check out Melinda's website, www.succeedasyourownboss.com or follow her on Twitter @SmallBizLady for great resources and all things business related. Catch her Twitter chat, #Smallbizchat, live Wednesdays at 8-9pm ET!
Be Unforgettable: 6 Tips to Creating a Brand Experience » Succeed As Your Own Boss
Every week as SmallBizLady, I conduct interviews with experts on my Twitter talk show #SmallBizChat. The show takes place every Wednesday on Twitter from 8-9 pm ET. This is excerpted from my recent interview with Teanna Ross is the CEO of Kreative Eye. She partners with business owners who are ready to invest in their …
Join in on the conversation with College Pro when you subscribe to College Pro Community .